How long have you been at The Pinewood?
I originally joined the Pinewood Team in 2013, spending four years as the Wedding & Events Co-ordinator before leaving to try something new. When I saw the Sales Office Manager position advertised I jumped at the opportunity to return and have been back for five months, though it feels longer!
What does a typical day look like?
At the moment we’re very busy with a whole range of enquiries. Thankfully no more Christmas party and Christmas lunch bookings, though we have had some rebook for this year already!
Enquiries can be anything from a family christening or birthday party to a business networking event, conference or fundraising dinner.
Lots of couples get engaged at this time of year so we’ve been finalising our wedding menus and packages with our Head Chef Colin, ready for many appointments.
So no two days are the same and I really enjoy the variety and the opportunity to meet a wide range of people.
What do you enjoy most about your job and working with the Pinewood team?
We’re a small, tight knit team who enjoy providing excellent customer service, creating customers' event ideas and turning them into reality. It’s very rewarding to know everything you organise and promise to a customer is delivered as you envisaged all across the Hotel.
How do you spend your spare time?
I’m mostly running around after my 3 year old enjoying family time and walking our dog. I enjoy seeing friends and eating out, but I’m just as happy working on projects around the house or chilling out with a good TV series.
What’s your top tip or tips for organising a wedding?
Weddings are a real passion so I could offer many but these would be my top five:
- Spread out your planning. There is a lot to organise for a wedding and I don’t think you fully understand that until you’re planning one! It can be quite overwhelming so I definitely recommend doing little things each month so it doesn’t all mount up nearer to the date.
- Don’t forget what’s important. Wedding planning can be stressful but if you find yourself getting too caught up in it all, take a step back and remind yourself what your wedding is really about and still take time out for each other.
- Make the little details personal. Your wedding is all about the two of you, so try to incorporate as much of your personalities into the day as you can.
- Wedding insurance. This has become more important following the pandemic as couples had to postpone their wedding dates. Insurance can be that safety net so you’re not out of pocket if the unimaginable happens.
- Finally - enjoy it! The Pinewood team loves weddings, so make sure you enjoy the day too!
To learn more about our conference, wedding and events at the Hotel contact Hannah on 01625 529 211.